Vintage Burlesque Dancer Stripper Photos
Just "Click the Pix" to see a larger view.
Today Burlesque Babes presents the lovely Sally the Shape.
- She is mentioned fondly on the nostalgic site "You just may be a Baby Boomer from Toledo" -- " Got into the old Town Hall Burly-Q many times, even when underage. Ah...the good old days, when they didn't enforce things LOL Remember seein Sally The Shape (45" by the tape!) in person, along with Tempest Storm & many others. "
- There was a nice photo spread of Sally in the July 1967 issue of SIR Magazine. (A copy is offered for sale here.)
"Anonymous" wrote to me to say this about Sally the Shape:
"... Sally The Shape, Barbara Shoesmith, hailed from Fall River, MA. She graduated from B M C Durfee High School in 1954. After high school, she taught dancing in Fall River. ..."
If you click on the magazine article pic above, and magnify it some, you can barely make out the opening paragraph, and see that it says she was born in Saudi Arabia, came to the US at 12, and opened a dance school after high school graduation. The article goes on about her following in Gypsy Rose Lee's footsteps, and that she start stripping in Toledo. Too blurry for me to make out any more.
- Sally the Shape -- Big 11x17 Poster Print
- Sally the Shape -- 8x10 Photo Print
- Sally the Shape -- Photo Wall Clock
- Newspaper ad from my archives.
I could not find any more bio info on any vintage Burlesque stripper called Sally the Shape, so if you have any history, info, memories, or stories to share, please email me. Thanks!
See more prints today in our online shop-- BURLESQUE BABES, where we bring you 100's of Sexy Burlesque Stripper photos printed from our huge vintage photograph collection.
The Burlesque Babes Blog is published by burlesquebabesshop.com